No. of Credits: 60
Contact: W. Montgomery, Chair, Biological and Physical Sciences Division; M. Osterhouse, Program Coordinator
This associate of arts transfer option** is designed for part- and full-time students with a specific academic and/or professional interest in the areas of biology, botany, zoology, anatomy and physiology, ecology, microbiology, and genetics. This option introduces this discipline within the context of allied subject areas, preparing students for specific concentration at a four-year Maryland state college or university. Students planning to transfer to the University of Maryland College Park are advised to take PHY 1210 , PHY 1210L and PHY 2200 , PHY 2200L .
The following is a sample list of occupations for which such a concentration might be appropriate: horticulturist, chiropractor, dentist, pharmacist, podiatrist, veterinarian, agricultural scientist, forester, conservation scientist, biologist, pharmacologist, oceanographer, optometrist, physician.
**Program options are listed under Programs of Study in this catalog.
The maximum number of credits accepted in transfer from other institutions to this program is 45.
agricultural scientist, biologist, chiropractor, conservation scientist, dentist, forester, horticulturist, oceanographer, optometrist, pharmacist, podiatrist, physician, veterinarian
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate effective writing skills in technical subjects
- Demonstrate scientific and analytic reasoning
- Collect geological, physical and chemical data
- Analyze and interpret biological, physical and chemical data
- Apply mathematics in the analysis and interpretation of biological, physical and chemical data
- Demonstrate the formation of hypotheses and construction of experiments using scientific reasoning