No. of Credits: 64
Contact: W. Montgomery, Chair, Biological and Physical Sciences Division
This associate of arts transfer option** is designed for part- and full-time students with a specific academic and/or professional interest in the areas of biotechnology, microbiology, and genetics. This option introduces this discipline within the context of allied subject areas, preparing students for specific concentration at a four-year Maryland state college or university.
The maximum number of credits accepted in transfer from other institutions to this program is 48.
biotechnologist, geneticist, microbiologist, physician, veterinarian
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate effective writing skills in technical subjects
- Demonstrate scientific and analytic reasoning
- Collect geological, physical and chemical data
- Apply mathematics in the analysis and interpretation of biological, physical and chemical data
- Apply a basic knowledge of microbiology and microbiological techniques
- Apply a basic understanding of genetics