No. of Credits: 63
Contact: J. Fehr, Interim Chair, Business and Technology Division; B. Williams, Program Coordinator
The Hospitality Management program is designed to prepare graduates to function at mid-level management positions within the hospitality/leisure services industry. The offering is organized to provide the theory and real-world application for the basic opportunities within the career, providing opportunities and professional consideration in hotel and lodging, meeting and convention, food service, country club, and tourism enterprises. Variations in internships, real-life learning and availability of electives accommodate those who have no experience as well as incumbent workers who have relevant past experience. The program will prepare graduates for sustainable, lifelong employment in the hospitality trade.
The maximum number of credits accepted in transfer from other institutions to this program is 47.
Beverage manager, catering supervisor, country club assistant manager, conference services supervisor, convention sales manager, theme park manager, hotel assistant manager, meeting planner, restaurant supervisor, sales and marketing director, hotel controller, military officer club manager, resort assistant manager, hotel revenue manager, resort reservations manager, spa owner.
This program articulates to a Bachelor of Science Degree in General Business at Excelsior College. Contact an advisor for recommended course selection.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate an understanding of a common body of knowledge in hospitality operations that is consistent with industry standards and professional systems
- Apply quality guest service standards to deliver competitive guest experiences to diverse cultural groups
- Apply knowledge of financial management to operations related to hospitality management
- Analyze and apply sales and marketing principles and practices to the hospitality industry
- Use computers and property management systems to enhance productivity and overall operational performance and business success
- Demonstrate effective communications and interpersonal skills including professional behavior, collaborative relationships, and proficiency in networking