No. of Credits: 61
Contact: R. Brown, Chair, Communication, Arts, and Humanities Division
This associate of arts program option** is designed for students with a specific academic interest in art. This option prepares students for a specific concentration at a four-year Maryland state college or university.
The following is a sample list of occupations for which such a pathway might be appropriate: actor, artist, theatre director, dancer, journalist, editor, musician, teacher, civil service employee, lawyer, architect, librarian, historian, public relations, and museum/art gallery curator.
The maximum number of credits accepted in transfer from other institutions to this program is 45.
artist, art historian, high school or college art faculty, photographer, photojournalist, photo editor, architect, illustrator, graphic designer, printer, museum or art gallery curator, curatorial consultant, estate art appraiser, corporate curator, art dealer, and architectural conservationist
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate their understanding of the design elements and principles of visual art common to all media.
- Discuss, Describe, critique, and analyze visual art.
- Demonstrate aesthetic and technical proficiency in the visual arts.
- Demonstrate their knowledge of the roles that the visual arts play in culture.
- Create, organize and present a developed portfolio.