No. of Credits: 60
Contact: Stephen Johnson, Chair, Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Education Division
This associate of arts transfer option is designed for part- and full-time students with a specific academic and/or professional interest in the areas of geography, political science, economics, sociology, psychology, police science, or recreation. This option introduces these disciplines within the context of allied subject areas, preparing students for a specific concentration at a four-year Maryland state college or university.
The maximum number of credits accepted in transfer from other institutions to this program is 45.
psychologist, sociologist, social worker, counselor, economist, geographer, local government administrator
A complete list of all transfer opportunities can be found on the Transfer Services page
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Examine how humans create, share, and adapt to culture, and appreciate the role of culture in shaping society
- Examine where people, places, and resources are located, and explore the relationship between humans and the environment
- Examine the factors which influence an individual's personal identity, development, and actions
- Examine how institutions are formed, maintained, and changed
- Investigate advances in science and technology, and explore the impact of science and technology on societies
- Explore the issues arising from globalization