No. of Credits: 60-61
Contact: Stephen Johnson, Chair, Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Education Division
This associate of arts program option is designed for part- and full-time students with a specific academic interest in theater and dance. This option prepares students for a specific concentration at a four-year Maryland state college or university.
The maximum number of credits accepted in transfer from institutions to this program is 45.
actor, theater or technical director, musical theater producer, set or costume designer, technician, stage manager, make-up artist, dancer, choreographer, arts administrator, high school or college faculty, theater critic
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Communicate with the clarity, sound reasoning, and understanding an appreciation of the theater arts.
- Present an aesthetic and technical proficiency portfolio for each academic year at the college .
- Discuss, describe, critique, and analyzes works in the theater arts using the appropriate vocabulary of historical, literary, and theoretical knowledge of drama and /or dance.
- Demonstrate development in the theater arts including communication, critical thinking skills, and performing arts skills, and creativity.
- Appraise a variety of theatrical events and performances.