No. of Credits: 61
Contacts: A. Ronaldi, Chair, Mathematics, Physics, and Engineering Division
Upon completing the engineering curriculum, students may transfer to a bachelor of science degree program in engineering, or enter the job market as engineering and physical science technicians. Graduates may be eligible for the Cooperative Experience Employment Education (CO-OP) Program with the University of Maryland and NAVAIR. Information on this CO-OP program can be obtained from the Advising and Career Services Department. Students may need to strengthen their skills before taking required courses. The required core courses along with the appropriate electives apply to mechanical, aerospace, electrical, chemical and civil engineering.
The maximum number of credits accepted in transfer from other institutions to this program is 46.
engineering technician, physical science technician, broadcast technician
Graduates may be eligible for the Cooperative Experience Employment Education (CO-OP) Program with the University of Maryland and the Naval Warfare Centers at Patuxent River or Indian Head. Information on this CO-OP program can be obtained from the Advising and Career Services Department.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science and engineering to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems
- Communicate effectively in oral, written, and graphical form
- Analyze the impact of engineering solutions in a global , economic, and societal context
- Identify the professional and ethical responsibilities of engineers
- Participate effectively as a member of a multi-disciplinary team