No. of Credits: 60 (this number can vary depending on chosen electives)
Contacts: A. Ronaldi, Chair, Mathematics, Physics, and Engineering Division
This associate of arts transfer option** is designed for part- and full-time students with academic and/or professional interest in areas of applied science and technology. The option is designed to provide maximum flexibility for students planning to transfer to specific baccalaureate degree programs. Students are advised to consult an academic advisor and the college offering the program of their choice to ensure that courses selected are applicable for transfer. Information on part-time employment through cooperative education may be obtained from the Advisement and Career Services Department.
The maximum number of credits accepted in transfer from other institutions to this program is 45.
science technician, premedical, predental, operations research, pharmacy, physical therapy, optometry
The flexibility of the Associate of Arts degree in Applied Science and Technology allows students to transfer to a university to earn a bachelor’s degree in a variety of fields.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Given a scenario, problem, or project , apply the necessary aspects to address the scenario leading to a reasonable solution
- Analyze and interpret the results of solutions to problems
- Compose oral and/or written arguments demonstrating and defending the results of solved problems
- Determine the test(s) required and specialized equipment needed to solve a problem in a lab setting
- Collect and describe data accurately using appropriate mathematical methods