No. of Credits: 62 (this number can vary depending on chosen electives)
Contacts: A. Ronaldi, Chair, Mathematics, Physics, and Engineering Division
This associate of arts transfer option** is designed for part- and full-time students with academic and/or professional interest in the areas of chemistry, mathematics, physics, biology, geology, or astronomy. Students are advised to consult an academic advisor and the college offering the program of their choice to ensure that courses selected are applicable for transfer.
The maximum number of credits accepted in transfer from other institutions to this program is 48.
actuary, astronomer, chemist, geologist, mathematician, meteorologist, physicist, statistician
Student Learning Outcomes
- Given a scenario, problem, or project , apply the necessary aspects to address the scenario leading to a reasonable solution
- Will be able to analyze and interpret the results of solutions to problems
- Will be able to compose oral and/or written arguments demonstrating and defending the results of solved problems
- Will be able to determine the test(s) required and specialized equipment needed to solve a problem in a lab setting
- Will be able to collect and describe data accurately using appropriate mathematical methods