No. of Credits: 60-61
Contact: Vacant, Chair, Communication, Arts, and Humanities Division
This associate of arts program option** is designed for part- and full-time students with a specific academic interest in theatre and dance. This option prepares students for a specific concentration at a four-year Maryland state college or university.
**Program options are listed under Programs of Study in this catalog.
The maximum number of credits accepted in transfer from institutions to this program is 45.
actor, theatre or technical director, musical theatre producer, set or costume designer, technician, stage manager, make-up artist, dancer, choreographer, arts administrator, high school or college faculty, theatre critic
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Communicate with the clarity, sound reasoning, and understanding an appreciation of the theatre arts
- Present an aesthetic and technical proficiency portfolio for each academic year at the college
- Discuss, describe, critique, and analyzes works in the theatre arts using the appropriate vocabulary of historical, literary, and theoretical knowledge of drama and /or dance
- Demonstrate development in the theatre arts including communication, critical thinking skills, and performing arts skills, and creativity
- Appraise a variety of theatrical events and performances