No. of Credits: 60
Contact: Bernice Brezina, Chair, Business and Technology Division;
Renee Jenkins, Program Coordinator
The maximum number of credits accepted in transfer from other institutions to this program is 45.
webmaster, web designer, web programmer, and web developer
This program of study is part of an articulated partnership with University of Maryland University College (UMUC). Students successfully meeting the requirements of this associate’s program can transfer the necessary credits to UMUC and complete their Bachelor of Science in Digital Media and Web Technologies through courses offered in Southern Maryland and online.
Student Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate understanding of social, professional, security, and ethical issues related to computing
- Design, develop, and maintain Internet and intranet web sites
- Perform technical web development activities involving web programming and basic web design.
- Train computer users in a working environment
- Troubleshoot technical problems involving hardware and/or software in an IT environment
- Translate computer based problems/solutions into non-technical language for non-technical users
- Perform routine software and hardware maintenance