Number of Credits: 60
Contact: Robert Farinelli and Stephanie McCaslin, Co-Chairs, Mathematics Division
This associates of science transfer option is designed for part- and full-time students with academic and/or professional interest in the areas of biological sciences (anatomy and physiology, biology, botany, genetics, microbiology, and zoology), physical sciences (astronomy, chemistry, geology, and physics), or mathematics. Each concentration - biology, chemistry, mathematics, and physics - is designed to prepare students for a similar four-year program at a college or university. The general concentration provides maximum flexibility for those students who want to explore mathematics and science in a broader sense before transferring to a four-year institution. All students are advised to consult an academic advisor and their intended transfer institution to ensure that courses selected are applicable for transfer.
The maximum number of credits accepted in transfer from other institutions to this program is 45.
Activist, actuary, agricultural scientist, astronomer, biologist, chemist, chiropractor, conservation scientist, dentist, environmental lawyer, forester, geologist, horticulturalist, mathematician, meteorologist, oceanographer, optometrist, pharmacist, physician, physicist, podiatrist, regulator, statistician, veterinarian.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply the necessary aspects to address the scenario/problem/project leading to a reasonable solution.
- Demonstrate the formation of a hypothesis and construction of experiments using scientific reasoning.
- Determine the test(s) required and specialized equipment needed to solve a problem in a lab setting.
- Accurately collect data.
- Analyze and interpret the results of lab data or a given problem using appropriate mathematical methods.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills in technical subjects.